BARS (Basic ATC Radar Simulator) was created thinking to simulate an entire ACC, with one or more Radar Approaches.
It is composed of several parts: they are
- Aircraft Manager System. This provides control over aircraft type that will be used into any simulation. You will input name, ICAO 4 digits description, some speed values (Vne, Vr, Cruising speed, Approach Speed, Landing Speed) and few climb/descend values at specified levels. There is also one utility that shows how plane will work with those parameters.
- Area Manager System. This provides control over the ATS geography. You can input way points, Nav Aids, ICP, TSE, AWY, Restricted areas, Airports, ILS procedures, Radar Minima. It wholly works in geo coordinates, so you can take your AIP or Jeppesen manual and enter few ACCs or APPs .
- Flight Manager. This provides the list of all exercises that will be simulated. Creating flights itís very, very easy.
- Radar Screen. This is the Radar Controller position. It allows Zoom, Panning, ATS geography color set-up, you can hide/show AWY individually, WP, VOR NDB, Ghost (Phantom) points, Restricted Areas individually. Radar Handover is enabled.
- Pilot Position. This position serves only one controller, but yuo can set two or more pilot positions to serve one controller. This is usefully for sector with high traffic density: this way controller can speck very quickly to all aircraft.
- ACFT Position Computer (Server). This provides computing for all planes into simulation.
The standard version BARS is delivered with 4 Radar Position, 4 Pilot Position and one Server Position. On this position there are two monitors: one Controls ACFT Position Computer and the other monitor is for teacher: this way he can supervisor simulation without interacting with students. Moreover the Server can be set in many different modes: since you have 4 Radar position u can setup the server in order to load the same exercise for each Radar Screen and run it independently: you got 4 radar simulator for basic training....... but you may set the server in order to a have two simulators running (each with 2 radar screen) simulating a two-sectors environment for intermediate training and run them independently...... but u may set the server in order to have an advanced 4 sectors environment.
BARS can have from 2 up to 8 Radar Screen and from 2 up to 16 Pilot Position.... it depends on your budget.
You may download a pictures file. In case of problems with download, please send a mail and picture file will be sent.
Feel free to ask for further details at email@example.com . We will not send e-mail details but only to real address